William Prince is a JUNO Award-winning singer-songwriter whose music is full of emotionally charged experiences that linger in memories. Raised on the Peguis First Nation of Manitoba, Canada, William has been honing his craft since the age of nine when he first picked up the guitar and piano. His biggest inspirations include Johnny Cash, Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson and most significantly, his preacher and musician father.
Recorded in just ten days, Earthly Days was created by William alongside producer/collaborator Scott Nolan. Lead by debut single “Breathless” produced by Dave Cobb (Sturgil Simpson, Chris Stapleton, Jason Isbel), 2018 will see William boldly take the next step of his journey with Earthly Days being released worldwide by Glassnote Records.
- 2017 JUNO Award winner – Contemporary Roots Album of the Year
- 2017 JUNO Award nominee – Indigenous Music Album of the Year
- 2017 Stingray Rising Star Award winner
- 2016 Canadian Folk Music Award nominee – Contemporary Singer of the Year
- 2016 Canadian Folk Music Award nominee – Aboriginal Songwriter of the Year
- 2016 Western Canadian Music Award winner – Aboriginal Artist of the Year
- Past tours: opened for Amelia Curran, Marty Stuart, Dwight Yoakam & Buffy Saint Marie
- Future festivals: 2018 Philadelphia Folk Festival, Tonder Festival (DK), Skookum (BC)